Tuesday, October 11, 2011

To take or not to take?!

Before coming off the pill a full on period kicked in. Now this is the first time that I've had a proper (enough blood to warrant a proper pad) period for a few years!

I'm starting to think that there's no point continuing with taking the pill. I was basically just holding out to hear the result of the blood test on Thursday, and then was thinking I might as well wait until we return from a weekend in London, in case there's any side effects like my period suddenly kicking in, but since I've already got my period (and will need to plan for in case it continues), I'm not sure there's not much point waiting. I'm just keen to get the progestogen out of my system and give my body a chance to get back to "normal".

Some of the hormone changes won't be so much fun, like the return of the periods and period pain, but I'm hoping to be more hormonally charged around the ovulation time of the month!! Hehe!

I'm trying to get in the mind set that it will take a while to conceive, and that it's a chance to just enjoy my body returning to normal. It's my optimistically pessimistic approach - plan for the worse situation, so that if you get it you're not so disappointed, but if the better happens you celebrate. It's the "less of a fall" approach!

Well I know another couple who are trying to conceive, and I've told them about us, and where we're at, so that at least we've got one couple that we can talk to about this. It gave me a chance to discuss Rubella immunity and taking Folic Acid. She said they'd been recommended that he take Zinc!

No comments:

Post a Comment