Monday, February 6, 2012

Aqua smothering

I went to 'Aqua fit' this morning, at my local pool. I was a good girl and told the instructor that I was pregnant, but that it was early days. Bless her, there was no chance that she was going to let me do anything that could possibly build up a sweat harm little un!

She kept telling me to do the calmer option: don't work too hard, don't bend too much, take it easy...! By the end of the session the whole group probably knew I was pregnant, but I doubt they thought it was such early days, from the way that she was carrying on!

Well I had been wondering whether I would be able to take my Mum to aqua fit on a Wednesday morning, but now that most of the group know, I don't think it'll be a good idea, because I don't want Mum to find out from a member of the group coming up and asking me in a few weeks time! Well I'm working Wed am anyway, so I can't go then, but I think I may have to put her off completely now.

I'm not sure I'll go to the Monday morning group again, as the instructor keeps limiting me all the time. I've done my research, I know it's fine and to just take it at my own pace. I can judge what is right or too much. Water exercise is so good for my hip joint, and helps me maintain my fitness, because I'm going to need all I can get to cope with the extra stresses, strains and weight of baby!

I'm planning to go to Aqua aerobics at a different pool, with a different instructor tomorrow morning. This is the one I've been to more regularly, and this instructor also runs the aqua natal session just after, so she'll be better suited to instruct me. Today I was being advised to do the aqua natal/pilaes natal!! I'm only 5 and a half weeks along, it's a bit early. The aqua natal is designed for 14 weeks plus! It's bump territory! I have no bump, only my own flab at the moment!

I feel slightly bad that I didn't manage to keep the weight down a little bit more before coming pregnant, but hey ho, can't go back now. In terms of aiming for a more toned tum before conceiving, it could have taken years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment