Monday, February 27, 2012

8 weeks 4 days

Last week the nausea seemed to ease off and I felt less exhausted and was getting better nights sleep. Last night that changed back again, my stomach felt achy when I was going to sleep and I had to get up at 4am to go to the loo. Today my stomach is back to it's nauseous, unsettled confusion that it was before!

I'm glad I'm not working so much this week, only two days really, as Wednesday I've only got a 8-9.30am shift. I took some annual leave for this weekend, because I was planning to do a sponsored sleep rough, which my husband is doing, on Saturday night. It's to raise money for YMCA. I had said I would before I knew I'd be pregnant, but then I found out I was. The mixture of very little sleep, outside, feeling uncomfortable... with the potential to also be feeling very nauseous/achy, which would be made even worse with lack of sleep...I think not! It would not be wise. The annoying thing is that I said I would, then had to change my mind, so people were asking me why...it feels lame telling people I wimped out...but I can't tell them I'm pregnant yet.

I am soooooo looking forward to my 12 week scan, I can finally tell the world! I don't like keeping secrets, especially ones this important and that is having such an impact on my life already! So far no-one has asked us directly "are you pregnant?", so we haven't told them. I'm scared that there will be a problem at my scan. I hate this waiting game! I don't actually have medical proof of my pregnancy, because no blood or urine has been tested yet. Granted I could have dropped in a sample at 4 weeks to the health centre for testing, but they did say the home tests were just as good, so I didn't bother. Hurry up 26th March!!

No comments:

Post a Comment