Wednesday, September 28, 2011

That appointment was just exercise

I've just been to my Doctors Appointment re trying for a baby. It wasn't really worth it, as I didn't find out anything that I didn't know before, and other than asking me a few questions (no I smoke or drink), he didn't do any health checks. I was expecting a comment about weight: might be good to loose a few pounds, but he didn't check my weight.

When I phoned up earlier this week, and spoke to the receptionist, I said I wanted to have a baby, and wanted an appointment to get a health check, and I'd check for Rubella immunity. I told her I wasn't sure if that was a doctor or nurse thing, she said "oh that'll be a doctors appointment." Well it seems that I could have skipped the doctors appointment and just made an appointment to see the phlebotomist, to take some blood, to check whether I am the 1/100 not immune to Rubella, because I've now got an appointment to see her (or him, but can't remember seeing a male one there). I've got to wait for over a week to see her as well! I'm glad I'm not desperate to start trying NOW!

Oh to explain the title. It was just exercise, because I walked the 2X15min journey there and back. I can't say I've been lazy today, as earlier I did some jogging/running (it's a fine line between them - out of breathe/really out of breathe!). My reason for the "jogging", was that I thought I'd get one of the chaps I support out of the house, and out on his bike, but because I didn't have my bike there, I had to walk/jog. He's generally quite slow, as his bikes set on a low gear, and I couldn't figure out how to get it higher! I get him to cycle down a cycle path, away from traffic, so I can let him go ahead no worries. Today however, I wanted him to wait for me at the end of the path, on the way back, so that we could pop into the chemist before going home, but he wasn't listening and cycled on and back home! I attempted to run after him and shout his name, but it wasn't the end of the world, and it seemed safe enough, so I just let him go - no point knackering myself trying to keep up with him cycling down a hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment