Monday, September 26, 2011

Baby?

We're pondering the scary move to becoming parents! We can just about cope with looking after ourselves, for the last few years I've learnt how to wipe bottoms and put on pads/adult nappies - granted on adults, but it can't be much different in the grand scheme of things! We've been married for 6 years now, and we've both now turned 30, so we really do have no more excuses left! I can almost hear that biological clock ticking! I may not look my age, but I can't guarrantee that my reproductive system feels the same way, my body definitely can't do the same things I could in my early 20s!

We'd been aiming for some time around now to start trying, so I look up what is wise to do before trying for a baby, and I basically find out, that I should have looked this up 3 months ago! I've booked myself a health MOT on Wednesday, and I know I need to get a blood test, to check whether I still have an immunity to Rubella, and if not, then it's another jab and a 3 months wait before we can start trying!

I managed to loose 3 stone in weight in 2 years, and managed to get to my choosen goal weight or 8 1/2 stone! Sadly I was really struggling by the end, because although I was still going to Weightwatcher meetings, I'd pretty much given up on the plan, I was just tired of keeping track of everything I ate and drank. This was of course to my detriment, because my own way, was never going to be as effective. Since reaching goal, some of the weight has slowly crept back on, and I'm now about 9 stone! DOH! I don't dare go back to the WW class in case their scales tell me it's even more, and if I weigh more than 8 stone 12Ibs then I have to pay!

I'm thinking about going back to swimming. It's been a long time. I'd like to have a go at Aquaaerobics, but after a quick search for days and times of classes, fitting it regularly around my jobs & youth club could be a challenge! We'll see. Maybe I should just go swimming! I've been getting hip pain recently, and I'm worried that it could get worse when pregnant and I can't take Cod Liver oil as I have been!

No comments:

Post a Comment