Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Swimming

On the 28th I decided to try out the Aquanatal class, instead of the Aquafit class. I decided to try it out because my energy levels were lower, and so a slower paced class sounded better. The problem was that the class is really designed for ladies that are 16+ weeks, I was only 8+4! The instructor was fine about it, but I got into the pool a bit late, once they'd already started, so had no chance to talk to anyone before, and afterwards no-one made the effort to talk to me, and well, I didn't make the effort to either! I felt a bit of fraud, because I was a pool with ladies WITH bumps (of varying sizes) and there was me... none, except my own bloating/flab! I was a bit of an emotional mess that day - HORMONES! I ended up in the car park crying!! Crazy! It was so silly, but I needed to cry!

Last week (Tuesday am) I didn't go to either class because I spent the day with Andy (we both have Mon & Tues off for my birthday), so did lots of walking around town instead.

Last Friday I went 'swimming' with my friend, but that didn't quite work out, because I'm there as her carer as well as her friend (because she's registered blind & other health issues), but after just doing two half laps, I looked across at her, on her own in the jacuzzi and she didn't look right, so I quickly did another two half laps (the steps at in the middle of the pool) and got out to check she was okay. She improved when I went over to her, but it didn't feel right to leave her, as she's hidden from the lifeguards in there. Now I'm not supposed to use the jacuzzi now that I'm pregnant, because it increases your body temp too much, soooo I ended up sitting on the edge with just the bottom of my legs in the water! I might have looked a bit weird, but who cares. When others got in, I just explained it was too hot for me.

Today I returned!! I shoved myself out of bed and went to Aquafit. My energy is better at the moment, so I decided I'll leave the bumps-in-water club until I have one/I'm 16 weeks! It felt so good to be back in the water exercising again. I should really go swimming in between the classes, but my left ear is really blocked up with wax at the moment (ongoing issue), so I'm trying to avoid proper swimming so much, as I tend to do front crawl, hence ear into water!

No comments:

Post a Comment